Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tot~ Getting To Know You

It is important for you to remember a couple of things here. At this point my sister and her girls are still living with us. Now she has graduated from her masters program and is working at a before and after school program. Since it is summertime and the kids are there all day I agreed to help her a couple of days a week until the kids were back in school. Jeff and I are still not licensed, but are working hard to get things done since we have a little boy waiting to move in.

Through the summer and into September we had Tot over a couple of times a week and a lot of Saturdays. He usually cried for a couple of minutes when he got dropped off, but a little binky time and some snuggles on the couch and he was all better. We would play, watch movies, snuggle, and take naps so that he could get use to sleeping in what would soon become his new home. Grandma and I would have frequent talks about multiple topics related to Tot. When and how would we tell him that he's adopted? What role if any did Jeff and I want them to play in his life? I assured them they would be a very important part of Tot's future and kept saying it until I knew she believed me. All in all this was an amazing time. We all got along so well and really enjoyed one another's company. We could feel the Lord's hand as we made plans for Tot's upcoming move.

No comments:

Post a Comment